SIMPLE FUTURE TENSE (Gelecek Zaman)

SIMPLE FUTURE TENSE with

"be + going to + infinitive (V1)"

Önceden tasarlanmış ve gelecek zaman içinde yapmaya karar vermiş olduğumuz

aktiviteleri ifade ederken gelecek zamanın "be + going to + V1" formunu

kullanırız.

  • I am going to get up at 6:30.
  • I am going to have a good brekfast, and
  • I am going to get ready for the exam.

BE GOING TO

1) We use be going to for an intention, something we have already decided to do.

  • We're going to have a meal. (we have already decided)
  • Tom is going to sell his car. (Tom has already decided)
  • I'm going out. I'm going to post these letters. (I have already decided)

2) We use be going to for a prediction when we see from the present situation what is going to happen in the future.

  • There isn't a cloud in the sky. lt's going to be alovely day.
  • This bag isn't very strong. It's going to break.



DIALOGUE 1:

  • Ann : Hello, Elif. How are you?
    Elif : I’m fine. Thank you.
    Ann : Did you study English yesterday?
    Elif : Yes, I did. I am ready for the exam.
    Ann : When is your English exam?
    Elif : Tomorrow morning.
    Ann : What time are you going to get up tomorrow morning?
    Elif : I am going to get up at 6:30. I am going to have a good breakfast and I’m going to get dressed and I am going to leave the house at 7:30.
    Ann : What time are you going to have the exam?
    Elif : I’m going to have the exam at 8:30.
    Ann : Good luck for the exam.
    Elif : Thank you.






















I am not : I’m not

are not : aren’t

is not : isn’t, olarak kısaltılır.




  • EXERCISE 1:

Complete the sentences using “going to” and the verbs in brackets.

  • e.g. Is Mehmet going to marry (marry) Ebru?
  • e.g. I’ m going to have (have) breakfast at 8:00 o’clock tomorrow morning.
  1. Lucille …………………….. (buy) a new car next week.
  2. I ……………………… (write) a letter to my uncle tomorrow afternoon.
  3. Look at those black clouds! I think it ....………..………. (rain).
  4. ….. you ………….. (visit) the museum of arts tomorrow?
  5. Mike ………… (not / go) to England next week?
  • EXERCISE 2:

Zeki is going to go to Italy for his summer holiday. Write down what is Zeki

going to do on is holiday using the verbs in the table below.

  • see the historical places
  • buy some presents for his wife
  • eat a lot of pizza
  • watch a football match
  • visit his friend in Venice

e.g. He is going to see historical places.

  1. ……………………………………………………………………………. .
  2. …………………………………………………………………………. .
  3. ……………………………………………………………………………. .
  4. ……………………………………………………………………………. .

  • EXERCISE 3:

Answer the following questions using the verbs in brackets.

  • e.g Ann: What are you going to do after school Jill? ( read a book)

  • Jill : I am going to read a book after school.
  1. Frank : Is it going to rain today? (not / rain)
    James : .................................................................. .
  2. Alp : What is Melih going to do tonight ? ( watch TV)
    Emel : ..................................................................... .
  3. Gökçe : What is the teacher going to do ? ( draw a picture on the board)
    Can : .............................................................................................. .
  4. Cem: What are the boys going to do in the playground ? ( play basketball)
    Eray : .............................................................................................. .

Anasayfa



kaynaklar:MEB